Hurricane Futsal will no longer be available to the public and only offered to Hurricane Select & Travel athletes.
What is Futsal?
Futsal is the only form of indoor soccer endorsed by FIFA. It earned the status of FIFA’s official form of indoor soccer in the 1980s as it was recognized as a scaled down version of outdoor soccer played indoors. It is a 5 v 5, small-sided game played on a hard surfaced, basketball sized courts, it is played with a smaller, heavier low bounce ball. Futsal is played with touchline boundaries and without walls. Futsal has many benefits, but here are a few:
- improves players decision making skills
- improves foot skills
- improves passing and receiving skills
- provides players with more touches on the ball
- it develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
- it allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition
- it improves reaction time